Cherry canker is a highly damaging bacterial disease that can cause dark, sunken cankers on young fruit trees with significant bacterial oozing. The causal organism is Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae (Pss). During bloom time, cherry trees are most susceptible to bacterial spread and Pss can also cause ice nucleation, which causes frost damage at higher than normal temperatures.
AgriPhage is not phytotoxic and will not negatively affect beneficial organisms.
- Pre-Harvest Interval (PHI) of 0 days. May be applied up to and including the day of harvest.
- Restricted-Entry Interval (REI) of 4 hours.
- Begin applications when conditions are conducive to development of disease. Repeat application every 3 to 10 days as needed, for as long as conditions favor disease development.
- Under light to moderate disease pressure or for smaller plants, use lower rates (1 to 2 quarts/acre).
- Under severe disease pressure, or when environmental conditions and plant stage are conducive to rapid disease development, use higher label rates (2 to 3 quarts/acre), and apply more frequently (every 3-7 days).